Central Corpus Christi is a great place to venture, especially when traveling with a large group. There are many different sights and sounds to take in and fun activities that will appeal to everyone. Get outside, go inside, test your creative skills and get ready to experience all that Central Corpus Christi has to offer!
1. The Riddle Room
Bring all your family and friends along and see if you can make it out of this fun escape room! Using the clues, you will solve puzzles as you move through each challenge in The Riddle Room to try and make it out before running out of time. This brain buster is perfect for groups on a family vacation, bachelor/bachelorette parties or team building and bonding.
- How to Get There (From Corpus Christi) - Take TX-286 to TX-358 and take the exit towards South Staples St. Continue on South Padre Island Drive before turning onto Manor Drive. Turn left on Williams Drive, then take a right onto Braeswood Drive. The destination will be on your right.
- What’s Nearby - Stop by Rascal’s to check out their drink specials, play a round of pool or hit the dance floor. You can also grab a bite to eat at Chuy’s Fine Tex-Mex or Rudy’s Country Store and Bar-B-Q.
- Insider Tip - Try to arrive at least 15 minutes early with your group to go over the rules and sign waivers.
Be the fashionista that you are with a new look from Threads! A clothing, shoes and accessories store, all of their goods are bought, sold and traded by the public. The items are hand-picked by the staff who rely on past experiences to help them factor in the brand, condition and season. With their ever-changing inventory, you are sure to have a new experience each time you visit!
- How to Get There - (From Corpus Christi) Take TX-286 to TX-358 and take the exit for Everhart Road. Merge on South Padre Island Drive, then turn left on Everhart. The destination will be on the right.
- What’s Nearby - Grab a cold, craft beer at Tapology Texas Pub or spend a relaxing afternoon at Anthony’s Aveda Concept Salon & Day Spa!
- Insider Tip - You can purchase items posted on the Threads Instagram and Snapchat accounts, but only by calling the store.
3. Vintage Easel
Show off your inner artist by creating your own masterpiece at Vintage Easel! These guided classes are perfect for beginners and expert painters and can be a great night out for a large group. You do have to be over 18 to come paint, but feel free to bring your own snacks and adult beverages to make it a night to remember!
- How to Get There - Take TX-286 to TX-385 towards South Padre Island Drive and take the exit for Airline Road. Turn left on Airline Road and then take a right onto McArdle Road and the destination will be on the right.
- What’s Nearby - Browse through the cute beach home decor at Shell and Pine, turn up the classic jams at Disc Go Round, or grab a tasty seafood meal at Catfish Charlie’s!
4. Schanen Hike & Bike Trail
If you’re looking to get outside for exercise, fresh air, or to explore the nature scene in Corpus Christi, check out the Schanen Hike & Bike Trail. It runs from Yorktown and Saratoga Blvd. and is over a mile long. The trail also connects Snead, Whales, Cedar Ridge, and Breckenridge. Be sure to bring your phone or camera along because the scenery is definitely Insta-worthy!
- How to Get There - Take I-37N to TX-286 and take the exit for Saratoga Blvd. Make a right on Saratoga and then take another right onto Sanders Drive and the entrance to the trail will be on the right.
- What’s Nearby - After a long walk or run along the trail, you’re sure to work up an appetite. Luckily, you won’t be hungry for long with Yoshi Japanese, Millers BBQ and George’s Seafood Company all less than a mile away.
- Insider Tip - The trail has both gravel and concrete patches, making it perfect not only for running/walking but biking as well!
Central Corpus Christi has something for everyone, no matter if you’re looking for some fun in the sun, a nice night out or something totally different! Explore other areas of Corpus Christi to plan out the rest of your visit!