Ever wonder if a beach is free, requires a permit, or has an entrance fee? Have no fear! We're here to give you the scoop on everything you need to know about beach permits, where to buy a permit, what beaches require them, and how your permit purchase benefits the beaches!
Fees go to beach maintenance
Thousands of folks come to enjoy the coast. Our miles and miles of Corpus Christi beaches take a lot of resources to keep them safe and easy to use. Beach Permit stickers provide income to keep the beaches clean. Permits are required for parking along certain sections of the beach.
In addition to keeping trash off the beach, city and county parks departments work hard to ensure that the sand is firmly packed for drivability.
Where to buy a beach permit
Permit stickers are for sale and available year-round at:
- Corpus Christi Visitor Information Center
- Stripes convenience stores
- Circle K convenience store (Padre Island)
- H-E-B grocery stores (Aransas Pass, Corpus Christi, Calallen, Portland, and Rockport)
- Academy Sports Store (Corpus Christi and Portland)
- Corpus Christi City Hall – Central Cashiering
- Naval Air Station-Corpus Christi – ITT Department
- Nueces County Padre Balli Park Headquarters Office
- Dick’s Sporting Goods
- CVS Pharmacy (Padre Island)
- Texas A&M University – Corpus Christi (University Services)
- Corpus Christi Parks & Recreation Beach Operations Office
Where beach permits are required
To determine which areas require the permit, use this handy guide:
- Whitecap Beach - Gulf Beach
- JP Luby/North Packery Beach - Gulf Beach
- Padre Balli County Park - Gulf Beach
Entrance Fee / No Permit Required:
- Mustang Island State Park - Gulf Beach
- $5 per person 13 years & older
- $70 Annual Pass
- Padre Island National Seashore - Gulf Beach
- $10.00 per vehicle for a 1-day pass (expires at midnight)
- $25.00 per vehicle for a 7-day pass
- $45.00 per vehicle for a 1-year pass (valid for 12 months from date purchased)
- $5.00 per person for bicyclists and pedestrians for a 1-day pass (expires at midnight)
- $15.00 per person for bicyclists and pedestrians for a 7-day pass
- $7.00 per motorcycle for a 1-day pass (expires at midnight)
- $20.00 per motorcycle for a 7-day pass
Free Paved Parking:
Corpus Christi Beach Permits are good through the end of the year and available for only $12. They make great gifts for your beach-going crew. Purchase one in advance and have it ready for your next Corpus Christi adventure!
For more information and frequently asked questions about Corpus Christi beaches, visit this FAQ page.