Located just across the Harbor Bridge, North Beach is a 1.5-mile-long beautiful sandy beach, home to some of Corpus Christi’s hottest attractions as well as a wide variety of places to eat and drink while taking in the stunning bayfront views!
Don’t miss out on these spectacular locales next time you’re in Corpus Christi:
The USS Lexington is a World War II vintage aircraft carrier that now serves as a naval aviation museum, educational facility and popular tourist attraction. Commissioned in 1943, the carrier served the United States longer and set more records than any other carrier in the history of naval aviation. The museum is open seven days a week for touring and special events.
- How to get there: From Corpus Christi, take US-181 N to Seagull Blvd. Take the exit toward Texas State Aquarium/USS Lexington/C.C. Beach from TX-35N/US-181 N. Take Timon Blvd. to N Shoreline Blvd. The entrance will be on your right.
- What’s nearby: Grab lunch at Pier 99 Restaurant, the largest patio on the water in the Coastal Bend, or stop by Palace Beachwear & Gifts for beach gear and souvenirs!
- Insider tip: Take a guided Hard Hat Tour - you will get to explore 15 areas of the carrier that are not accessible on public tours!
BONUS: Experience the most unique escape room in Corpus Christi with Lockdown on the Lex! This high-tech and high-intensity challenge is one-of-a-kind and the world's first escape room aboard an aircraft carrier. Beat the Blast is based on actual historical events making for an authentic, challenging and intense mission that you and your friends will definitely want to complete.
Open since 1990, the Texas State Aquarium's mission is to engage people with animals, inspire appreciation for our seas and support wildlife conservation. The new expansion, Caribbean Journey, features a 400,000-gallon shark tank habitat, a 4D theater and an interactive exhibit that celebrate the Sian Ka’an Biosphere Preserve. The Aquarium reaches over 77,000 children each year through its education programs and contributes to meaningful research and conservation programs around the world. Plus, parking is free!
- How to get there: From Corpus Christi, take US-181 N to Seagull Blvd. Take the exit toward Texas State Aquarium/USS Lexington/C.C. Beach from TX-35N/US-181 N. Take Timon Blvd. to N Shoreline Blvd. Turn left onto Pearl Ave. and the Aquarium will be on the right.
- What’s nearby: Take a stroll on the Beachwalk, a concrete trail that starts at the Aquarium and winds its way along the sandy beach, ending at the north jetty and Dolphin Park playground 1.5 miles to the north. On the way, you can swing into Blackbeard's on the Beach for lunch or dinner!
- Insider tip: If you reserve an Exclusive Encounter, you can explore behind-the-scenes, feed sea turtles and sharks and enjoy interactions with various animals!
If you’re looking for an outdoor experience, grab your fishing rods and head down to the Marinaville Bait Stand for a day of relaxation. Their pier features a cleaning station, tables and benches, and a friendly crew that can answer all of your questions. Inside the shop, you can find tackles, nets, poles and other equipment you need for fishing! If you’re feeling adventurous, you can also rent a fishing pole and kayak to take out into the Nueces Bay.
- How to get there: From Corpus Christi, take US-181 N to E. Causeway Blvd. Take the exit toward Beach Ave. Merge onto E. Causeway Blvd. and follow the road. Once you pass under US-181, the bait shop will be on your right.
- What’s nearby: Grab an authentic cheesesteak from Yo Philly Cheese Steaks & Sub or visit Bali’s Bar & Grill for a signature burger and specialty cocktail with a bayside view.
- Insider tip: Visit the pier in the evening for some late-day fishing - beneath it are green lights that attract fish at night!
Whether you are looking for a place to eat and grab drinks, participate in a family-friendly experience or immerse yourself in Coastal Bend history, North Beach has something for you. Head over to Corpus Christi to make unforgettable memories!