Tis' the season of cooler temps, epic sunsets, and plenty of things to do in the Gulf Coast Capital! Whether it's diving into a new dish or having fun at a festival, Corpus Christi has something for everyone this fall.
Enjoy Festival Season
Fall is a time for celebrations and festivities in Corpus Christi! With a festival happening nearly every weekend in the fall, you're bound to find one during your stay. Check out these fall festivals you can't miss.
- September 1, 2023: MusicWalk
- September 16, 2023: Conquer the Coast
- September 23 - November 5, 2023: Rockin' K Farms
- September 28 - October 1, 2023: Celebration of Flight
- September 3, 2023: Corpus Christi 7-Day Film Project Screening
- October 6, 2023: ArtWalk
- October 7, 2023: PRIDE Parade
- October 14, 2023: Solar Annular Eclipse
- October 20 - 22, 2023: Texas Jazz Festival
- October 21, 2023: Surftoberfest
- October 28, 2023: Dia de los Muertos Festival
- November 3, 2023: ArtWalk
- November 3 - 5, 2023: Greek Food Festival
- November 11-12, 2023: Jewish Food Festival
- November 17 - 18, 2023: Ranch Hand Weekend
December 2, 2023: Festival of India
Take in the Patio Breeze
With cooler temps that are warm enough to still enjoy the outdoors, locals practically live on the patio all season long! For date night or a group outing, try a wine and cheese board with a bottle of wine on the patio at Tannin's Wine Bar & Tapa's Restaurant.
If you're wanting to enjoy a chill evening with live music plus dinner with a view, coast your way over to North Padre Island! You're bound to see a beautiful sunset and waterfront views at Doc's, Snoopy's Pier, or Packery Bar and Grill.
If you're downtown enjoying a festival or live music, make your way over to one of many patio bars in the area! For handcrafted cocktails with skyline views, check out The Gold Fish or BUS, two bars that were converted from a dry cleaner and bus station into trendy watering holes. Looking for brews crafted to perfection? Coast over to Rebel Toad Brewing or Nueces Brewing. The best part is that all of these bars are dog friendly!
Go on a Halloween Adventure
What's fall without Halloween!? If you're looking for an authentic spooky excursion, try a ghost tour with Enjoy Corpus Christi Tours! Are you a haunted house fanatic? Every year, the USS Lexington Museum hosts the Haunting on the Blue Ghost, an intense haunted house aboard a WWII-era ship, that promises a terrifying tour with steep ladders, dark corridors, creaky hatchways, and unimaginable sights, screams and sounds. Another haunted house you need to check out is the Fright Night Haunted House, which has 3 separate areas with varying themes that will give you a big scare.
Looking for something even the little ones can enjoy? Check out the Rockin' K Farms in Robstown, Texas. Here, you'll find something for everyone including a corn maze, pumpkin barn, games, photo ops, drinks, farm animals, and more! Another event to check out is the Texas State Aquarium's Boo! In the Blue event every October. This event has family-friendly, not-so-scary events, photo ops, pumpkin carving, animal enrichment and encounters, and candy.
Try a New Cocktail or Dish
Fall is for cozy flavors in the form of food and drinks! Below are places you need to check out this season:
- Nueces Whiskey Library: One of Corpus Christi's newest lounges, this bar has an extensive list of curated whiskeys, liquors, cocktails, wine, and entrees inspired by iconic literature.
- Bien Merite: Serving up french delicacies, you'll find buttery croissants, amazing pastries, and delicious lunches in a well-curated atmosphere that makes for a picture-perfect lunch trip!
- Elizabeth's at the Art Museum: With incredible views of art and the water, this is the ultimate date night spot or lunch outing for Mediterranean dishes and tapas.
- YOLA Cocina Mexicana: Take a trip to Central Mexico at this chic, timeless eatery that serves up traditional recipes in an elevated setting.
Sip on Some Fall Flavors
What's fall without a little cozying up at a coffee shop with a friend or a good book during pumpkin spice season? Especially when it's the season to try all-things pumpkin spice! If you're a Harry Potter fan, you must check out this wizard-themed coffee shop, The Coffee MUGG. If you're strolling downtown enjoying the holiday lights, festivals, and shops, take a break at Lucy's Snackbar and revive your energy with some delicious coffee.
In search of locally-sourced coffee beans? Look no further than Driftwood Coffee Company. Just a bit further down, you'll find yourself at Coffee Waves, a local staple with spacious indoor seating and a patio. If you're in need of some coffee with a side of brunch, coast over to Coral Bean Cafe on the Southside.
And lastly, if you're headed toward the beach this fall, don't forget to grab a cup of coffee at Island Joe's, a coffee shop made entirely out of shipping containers!
Embrace the Outdoors
Fall in Corpus Christi isn't complete until you've spent some time outside! This is the perfect time to head to the beach when temperatures are still warm and the summer crowds are gone. It's also a great time to go tent camping at the state parks and national seashore.
It's also a great time for bird watching! Check out this birding guide, where you'll discover which birds to look for depending on the season. Fall is also the perfect time to enjoy the ocean breeze while on a boat!
Set sail on the Japonica touring boat at Harrison's Landing. This is a BYOB cruise that runs throughout the day and even has a sunset cruise. if you're in town during a full moon, you'll likely get the chance to participate in their Full Moon Cruise which consists of live music and good vibes.
Are you ready to dive deep into fall on the coast!? Whether you're an outdoor enthusiast, foodie, or partygoer, we've got something for everyone here in the Gulf Coast Capital. Make Corpus Christi your fall destination this season and check out the related content below!